Samuel J. Bentley
Professor, Billy and Ann Harrison Chair in Sedimentary Geology, and Director of the Coastal Studies Insitute
E307 Howe-Russell Building
Baton Rouge, LA
Geology & Geophysics
Current ResearchSep 01 2014 - Aug 30 2018, Coastal Louisiana, , USA
Co-evolution of Mississippi Delta landscapes and communities (NSF Coastal SEES program)
- NSF CAREER Award 2001
- SEPM James Lee Wilson Award 2003
- Canada Research Chair in Seabed Processes 2006
- Billy and Ann Harrison Endowed Chair in Sedimentary Geology 2011
- NSF, BOEM, US-ACE, USGS, TWIGMississippi Delta Restoration Science
Mississippi Delta; please see my website for details
- Belize's Famous 'Blue Hole' Reveals Clues to the Maya's Demise
NPR Science Friday, and others (2015-01-21)http://www.sciencefriday.com/blogs/01/21...
Coastal Restoration Drives An Industry Boom
NPR: WWNO (2014-06-30)http://wwno.org/post/coastal-restoration...
This Was Built To Protect New Orleans From The Next Katrina
Science Channel (2014-02-01)http://www.sciencechannel.com/tv-shows/s...
Strip the City,' from Discovery Science, visits New Orleans
New Orleans Times Picayune (2014-02-25)http://www.nola.com/tv/index.ssf/2014/02...
. . . (2015) Please see CV on my website In: . . .http://www.geol.lsu.edu/sjb/web_files/sj...