1002-Q Energy, Coast & Environment Building
Baton Rouge, LA
Coast and Environment
Areas of Expertise
- V. vulnificus
- including sea surface temperature
- and dissolved organic carbon. It is well-established that temperature affects the levels of these naturally occurring marine bacteria (i.e.
- their levels are higher in warmer months and lower in cooler months)
- I am currently examining how Vibrio spp. (V. parahaemolyticus
- but it remains unclear what combinations of other environmental factors contribute to the variations in vibrio levels.
- and V. cholerae) respond to environmental cues
- suspended particulate matter